Hello Pointer Finger and Thumb!

I have more exciting news! My pointer finger is now working and I am getting close to be able to extend it fully. I'm so excited.

Additional news: My thumb is also working, although it still has a ways to go. I am feeling pretty confident that it will continue to get better. Yahoo!

My middle finger has also started to work, but I can tell there is something not quite right with it. Every time I try to extend it, I get a weird pulling sensation in my arm. I'm guessing the portion of the muscle that extends that finger is pretty damaged. That said, the same muscle extends the pointer, middle and ring fingers so I'm hoping there is still a chance that it might recover over time since those other fingers are mostly working.

In terms of overall hand function, I am starting to feel more and more like I have my hand back and like it functions like it used to. I can't really extend my fingers up at all when I have my wrist cocked back, but otherwise things are getting closer and closer to normal.

With all this new progress, I am going to try to start fingerpicking the banjo again. I will let you know how it goes :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turbo Arm

Typing Training Continues