Happy New Year!

A few days ago, we welcomed in 2018. Thank goodness! 2017 was a bad year for pretty much everone I know, including myself obviously.

Now that it's a new year, I am looking forward to getting better and having at least some use of my hand back. I'm also looking forward to knowing more about where I will land when this is all over. Not knowing is almost as hard as having the injury, in a weird way.

Here's what I have in store this year:
  • Follow-up visits with my doctor to assess how I'm healing
  • Continuing my physical therapy to maintain joint movement
  • Springtime tests to see how/if my nerve us recovering
  • A potential summertime visit to Chicago to see family and friends and enjoy Chicago in its most glorious state
  • A June vacation to Yellowstone with my sister and her family. Plus, a visit to Billy and Virgia in the Grand Tetons. Yay!
  • Probable tendon transfer surgery in the late summer or fall 
  • Recovery from surgery in the fall
  • Christmas in Phoenix with Jim's family
  • Full use of my hand by (probably late) winter! Obviously I don't know exactly how good the results of the surgery will be, but I am hopeful.
It's gonna be a good year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typing Training Continues

Turbo Arm