Thank You

Happy Thanksgiving! This is just a post to say "thank you" to all the wonderful people who have helped and supported me so far.

Jim

I cannot begin to describe how amazing Jim has been through all of this. From taking me to the emergency room on the night I hurt myself, to cooking me multiple healthy meals a day, to putting on my shower sleeve, he has been so amazingly helpful and giving. Having a medical situation like this is hard, but having a loving partner to help you sure makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Ryan and Dora

So many thanks go to Ryan and Dora for letting us stay with them for several days after my surgery, and being helpful and upbeat during those days. I was pretty depressed at that time and it was wonderful to be around such good friends.

Christie

Another thank you goes to Christie for her help with navigating my medical care right after my injury. Making decisions about doctors is hard enough when you are not injured, let alone when you have a giant gash in your arm, so it was great to have Christie's support as I was trying to figure out what I was doing.

Also, Christie bought me a special cutting board for chopping food one-handed, as well as a pan holder. Since I love to cook, these are awesome gifts. Thank you, Christie! 

Matt and Paul

Thank you again for the amazing care package. It is wonderful to feel loved...and get a package in the mail!

My Co-Workers

Everyone at work, including my boss, has been so kind and helpful. It's awesome to have such great colleages.

My Doctor

One more thank you goes to my doctor for seeing on the day I first contacted his office. Despite the fact that I was seriously injured, I had a lot of trouble finding a doctor who could see me right away, and it was really great to find someone who took my injury seriously and allowed me to come in immediately for an appointment.

My Physical Therapist

Many thanks to my physical therapist who is kind, sensitive to what I'm going through, and good at what he does. It is really important to have a good PT, and I am happy that I do.

Everyone Else

A final thank you goes out to everyone who called, emailed, texted, or sent me words of encoragement on Facebook. It was really meaningful to have your support and love right after my injury. I really appreciate it, so thank you everyone!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turbo Arm

Typing Training Continues