The Journey Begins

On Thursday, October 27th, I fell onto my nightstand, which had a glass sitting on it. The glass broke and went into my forearm.

On Wednesday, November 1, I had exploratory surgery and the doctor discovered that I had cut my a motor nerve that controls the extension of the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger. 

I am creating this blog to document my jouney to recovery and to provide info to people who suffer the same or similar injuries. There is info out there about peripheral nerve damage, but I haven't found any blogs yet.

This will also probably be a bit of a journal for me since this is an emotional experience. Depression and fear are already setting in. I know I am going to have a lot of feelings and frustrations to work through.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure.

Update: During my first post-operative appointment I learned that I actually cut my radial nerve. The prognosis remains essentially the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turbo Arm

Typing Training Continues